Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Our Second Yes

One would think that this story begins Friday, May 20th when I got the call from Child Protective Services. It begins a week before.

May 13, 2016 I was at the Pink Impact Conference in Dallas. I will write more about my time there later, but for this blog I want to focus on one important part.

Kari Jobe was leading worship. The song was The God of Miracles by Jesus Culture. Kari instructed the audience to be still in His presence.  The violin played a few measures of the song. No singing. Just stillness.

I knelt on the hard concrete floor, face to then ground, and started to weep. I could feel that God was about to do something in our lives. I had no idea was it was, but I could feel Him nudging me. I have never heard the audible voice of God, but if you're a believer you've felt His still small voice whisper
something to you. In that moment of surrender and complete dependence on Him, I felt him say, "It's going to be hard because you are willing." I quickly pulled out my journal and in that moment in the dark I scribbled what I felt He spoke to me.

God does not ask us to do easy things at times. All He needs is a willing heart and a spirit of surrender to complete what He needs done. He asks us to follow Him in full surrender and to trust Him. He calls upon the unqualified and qualifies us for His work.

When the next Friday came, Fabian and I called each other to discuss what we should do.  If I'm being honest, a part of me wanted to say, "No." To live in my comfortable bubble of doing life the way I have. Quickly though, my response was, "Do the right thing." With that, we took in a vibrant 20 month old boy.  We are now a family of 6!

There are so many more details and set ups in the way God orchestrated everything.  It's been amazing to see His hand working.

I want to take a moment to say from the bottom of my heart, thank you, thank you, thank you. For all of the support, kind words, and donations. I mean, Wow. At a moment that could have been stressful and overwhelming, our friends and family have made us feel so loved and cared for. Y'all didn't miss a beat and I see God's hand all over this. Fabian and I have prayed over you. Asking for God to richly bless you with promotions and unexpected bonuses.  That God would pour out onto your generous hearts as He loves to bless generous people.

We may have this boy for 3-6 months.  Would you pray for his mommy? She needs strength and courage.  She loves her son so much and needs our help to cheer her on.

Love,
Leah

If you are interested in reading more, this is our GoFundMe link: https://www.gofundme.com/helpthemandujanos

No comments:

Post a Comment