Monday, September 22, 2014

Update on our Debt Killing

It's been awhile! 

Since my last blog, we have found out that we are expecting our second baby!! I am four months pregnant as I write this.  Since the nausea and extreme exhaustion has past,  I am finally ready to start blogging again. 

Right now we are on Baby Step 2 according to the Dave Ramsey: Total Money Makeover plan.  


I am a little bummed because we are putting a temporary hold on our debt snowball.  We are continuing to make the minimum payments on our car note and student loans. (We are credit card free!) At the moment, we are saving all extra funds until our future baby and I come home safe and healthy.  Whatever money is not used for the birth of our second child, we will put toward our debt! 

I wanted to take the time on this blog to update on our first year of Debt Killing! 

From September 1, 2013 to September 1, 2014, Fabian and I have paid off... 

$14,497.47

I was honestly surprised when I saw that number! Completely unexpected.  I went through an entire years worth of bank statements adding up every single payment that went toward debt.  

In 12 months, we have paid off all our credit cards, some old school debt, and half of our car.

I am so proud of my husband and I for doing this together.  It has improved our marriage tremendously. We communicate more. We are reaching the same goal together. 

This is hard work.  
It is saying "no" a lot.  
It is being super cheap when buying gifts for any type of shower/wedding/birthday. 
It is living in places we don't prefer to live in.  
It is driving an older car. 
It is me having to say "no" to Mother's Day Out programs. 
It is Fabian packing his lunch everyday. 
It is friends and family giving us awkward looks.  
It is giving up a gym membership to work out at home.
It is giving up cable. 
It is eating at home more often.

This journey has all been worth it. 

We still have a few years to complete our goal and will continue our debt-snowball April, 1 2015.  For now, we're on to saving money. And awaiting the arrival of Baby Mandujano #2! :) 

Any questions? Shoot me a message or private timeline post.  I'd be happy to help! 

My email is leah.mandujano@gmail.com











No comments:

Post a Comment