Monday, November 30, 2015

Mini Vacay, Conflict, and Thanksgiving

Happy Monday!

This past week was so much fun.  We took a three day trip to San Antonio and had a great time.  I love SA. I tried to move our family there about a year ago, but the Lord had other plans. ;)

Many are the plans in a [woman's] heart, but it's the Lord's plan that prevails. Proverbs 19:21

Our drive there was good.  Car rides with children seem to always take an hour longer!



Thank goodness we had our tablet for Benaiah.  I'm pretty sure he watched Finding Nemo and Toy Story a combined total of 5 times.  Although the first hour into the trip, I did give him books to read.  Do I get good parenting points for the 1st hour???  Lol

I drive a car from 2001.  Needless to say, it  doesn't have the latest and greatest.  We ghetto-rigged the top part of a plastic container, slapped some velcro on it and the tablet cover, and attached it to the back of the drivers seat. It works wonders.  ;)

I have to tell y'all a little secret...  Fabian and I more often than not get into a "creative discussion" every time we have a road trip.  Whether it be about how I am driving or how he's driving or even the restaurant we pick to who gets to choose what music we listen to.  Any other couples understand the dilemma?  So on our way there we made an agreement that we were not going to argue. We even shook hands.. It didn't work.  I'll tell you more in a bit.

We get to San Antonio on Tuesday and go visit our very good friends Tido and Melissa.  They now have a beautiful baby girl, Ava.  We had such a good time with them.  They are always so friendly and inviting.  {Miss y'all!}

That night we get to our hotel. I swear Benaiah loves hotels.  He loves that the front desk ladies love on him.  He loves riding the luggage hauler.  He especially loves the elevator and sleeping in the big boy bed.

Wednesday we went to the San Antonio Zoo.  We get half off tickets for being Houston Zoo members.  That was so much fun! Their petting zoo has chickens. Benaiah was thrilled!  They also have a large Lorikeet exhibit that you can walk in and allow the birds to fly on you. Wish I would have gotten a picture! Two flew on my head... I don't really like birds, but I had to play cool for Benaiah.  He got to let one walk on his arm.  That was his favorite part.
At Augie's Barbed Wire Smokehouse. So good! They had a fully
covered outdoor area to eat in.  Perfect for letting the kids be loud and for making messes. 

Wednesday afternoon we drove to Wimberley to visit my grandparents.  We love them so.  They have a heart and zeal for the Lord. They are leaving behind such an amazing legacy of faith. Benaiah and Malachi played with some antique toy cars and trains from the 60's.

Wednesday night we drove back to San Antonio and visited my grandparents and helped them set up for Thanksgiving at their house. Benaiah's great-grandfather waited on him to come so they could go get some fish for their backyard pond.  Benaiah was obsessed with these fish.  He threw a fit for 10 minutes straight because we wouldn't let him keep holding the bag.  He was being a "Darla".  {The fish killer.}

"Darla"


Wednesday night at the hotel was better. Instead of Malachi keeping me up all night.  It was Benaiah. He just wanted me in his bed instead of Fabian's.  I'm surrounded by a bunch of momma's boys.



Thursday morning arrived.  In my head I had already decided I want to leave around 9 a.m. to go help my grandma set up for Thanksgiving lunch.  {Key word: "In my head."}  It's about 8:30 a.m. I am ready to go.  I've started trying to pack things.  Fabian is leisurely getting ready and watching Paw Patrol with Benaiah.  At 9:00 a.m. I kinda maybe snapped at him, " I wanted to leave at 9 a.m., would you help me?!"  He looks at me like I'm crazy.. We finally leave the hotel around 9:30 a.m. As we're driving to my grandmother's, he has the nerve to ask me to go get coffee at Starbucks.  "Ughhhh!!" I exclaimed.  That was my nail in the coffin, y'all.

He was rather unhappy with me and I gave him the silent treatmeant for like 3 minutes. lol We later hashed it out before getting to my grandmothers.  We discussed that he can't read my mind and I have to communicate what I want.  What a concept?!?! Sometimes I have a plan that I'm trying to get done in my head and I forget to communicate my need for help at the appropriate time.  But I also hadn't slept in two days.. So sue me. We did ruin our agreement though.

Thanksgiving was fun.  I enjoyed getting to see my family. Every year we stand in a circle and pray/say what we're grateful for.  This year I said I was grateful for God's grace that I don't deserve.  He truly is such a loving and faithful God.  I was also grateful for the new addition to our family, Malachi. He has been a blessing of joy.  He teaches me to breathe and smile even when I don't feel like it.



Malachi's great-great grandma!

Oh, and our 2 year old, yeah, he fell into my grandmother's pond reaching for those darn goldfish.  He was fine.  We dryed him off and put some dry clothes on him.

Hope your Thanksgiving was great!
Any funny things happen on your Thanksgiving week?

Love,
Leah

1 comment:

  1. You and your family are such a blessing from God and we love you SO much and are SO proud of you. Grandma B.

    ReplyDelete